BLOUNT COUNTY: The double bridges on Highway 75 at County Road 15 are beginning to ice.
ALDOT reports Sleet and freezing rain is causing unsafe conditions. Be aware of emergency crews with equipment present. Motorists are urged to use extreme caution when traveling.
Slick road w/1 accident reported just now in the Grant Area on Simpson Point Road.
Grant Mountain Roads continue to worsen. Avoid traveling up to and or from Grant Mountain.
Arab, Morgan City Area, Roads are quickly becoming covered with sleet and the Freezing Rain. Motorist are advised to avoid those areas.
- Check statewide road conditions here http://aldotapps.dot.state.al.us/…/emergency_information.htm
SR-79 and SR 146 have significant icy patches. Motorist are urged to use extreme caution when traveling.
Weatherly to Oakwood has been closed. Overpasses are becoming slick on the parkway and treating has begun.
- Memorial Parkway is shut down.
- Westbound Mooresmill is shut down.
- Bankhead Parkway from Fearn to Gaslight is shut down.
- Carl T. Jones is closed
- Chapman Mountain is shut down.
- Cecil Ashburn, Bankhead Parkhead and Green Mountain are shut down.
- Elevated portions of I-565 are shut down.
- Hwy 72 over Chapman Mountain is shut down.
- Hughes Road overpass is closed.
- Jordan Lane and Bob Wallace roads are treacherous.
- Elevated portions by Research Park are shut down.
- Gillespie Rd. between Wall Triana Hwy and Balch Rd. is closed
- Franklin Co. roads are impassable.
- Whitesburg Bridge is slick, but passable.
- No reports
The safest place if a tornado threatens is on the lowest floor inside your home. Stay away from windows and put as many walls between you and the outside. Mobile homes and cars are not safe places from tornadoes. Monitor weather conditions and give yourself plenty of time to get to your safe place.
Remember, for non-emergency services, help and information or if you do not see a shelter near you dial 211 call for help.
CHEROKEE COUNTY SHELTERS: No reports.
DEKALB COUNTY SHELTERS: No reports.
ETOWAH COUNTY SHELTERS: No reports.
MARSHALL COUNTY SHELTERS: No reports.