CONTEST: Brooke’s Kitchen
PRIZE: Gift Certificate to Foodland of Boaz and Albertville
START DATE: April 11th, 2018
END DATE: June 27th, 2018
HOW TO PLAY: Power 107.5 listeners will listen to Dave & Brooke, Wednesday mornings. Brooke will give out ingredients to a mystery recipe throughout the show. Caller #5 will guess what the dish is when told to call. First person to guess wins the certificate!
INELIGIBLE: Employees and immediate family members of Sand Mountain Broadcasting and contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
Brooke’s Kitchen ~
No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 4-5 hours & 15 minutes (chill time: up to 24 hours)
- 19 oz graham crackers
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries
- 3 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1-2 bananas sliced thin
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream powdered sugar, vanilla & salt w/ heavy cream…beat ‘til cream holds stiff peaks.
- Spread thin layer of heavy cream mix in a 9 x 13 pan just to coat at the bottom.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the center of the pan, then 2 more…breaking as needed to fit around bottom edges.
- Spread a thick layer of heavy cream w/ sliced strawberries.
- Layer: crackers, strawberries, heavy cream mix, bananas and repeat…(3 total layers)…ending with thick layer of cream mix on top.
- Refrigerate and chill overnight (covered) or for at least 4-5 hours.
- Before serving: top with either whole strawberries or sliced strawberries all over for garnish…served chilled.